Next week the PCI Institute will be at WRI Land and Carbon Summit in Brussels, Belgium! We will be showcasing some of our work at the Marketplace on Thursday 29th. For those who will be there, come and visit us!
The Land & Carbon Lab’s Summit will bring together policymakers, practitioners, and innovators seeking to harness the power of geospatial data to achieve this decade's climate, nature and sustainable development goals. The event will cover the following areas of work:
- Accelerate implementation of locally-led landscape restoration
- Tackle deforestation and nature crime
- Strengthen community-led land stewardship
- Ensure accountability for conversion-free supply chains
- Enhance policy and finance mechanisms to scale nature-based solutions
- Plan land use for a more sustainable food future
- Transparently track progress towards global targets for nature and climate
- Create more equitable, sustainable and resilient urban areas
About the PCI Strategy:
The PCI strategy is a global leading jurisdictional approach initiative in Mato Grosso state, Brazil with ambitious goals for sustainable agriculture, forest conservation, and social inclusion for 2030. The strategy was launched at COP 21 in Paris and is currently being implemented with support from the PCI Institute (decree 46 of 2019).